Guided tour of the Old City on request (via firstname.lastname@example.org)
The city of Westhoffen, first mentioned in 732, belonged to the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation in 1236. A century later, a fortified city wall was built. It still stands today, surrounding the entire Old City Centre, the “Staedtel”.
Located at the foot of a slope covered in vineyards and forest, from the top of its ramparts Westhoffen benefits from a an exceptional panoramic view of the Vosgien foothills all the way to the Strasbourg Cathedral.
Attractions: the Medieval church Saint Martin (stained glass windows from the XIII and XIV centuries), half-timbered houses from the XV to the XVIII centuries, the Staedtel (a historical monument), the fortified ramparts from the XIV century and its Jewish district and synagogue.
Westhoffen is also widely known as the Alsatian cherry capital. Every June, a festival is celebrated in honour of the cherry: www.fetedescerises.fr
For more information and an event calendar, see www.westhoffen.net